My Family's Homeschool Mission Statement
- We will teach our children at home as an act of obedience and service to the Lord (I Samuel 15:22,23; Joshua 24:15).
- We will teach our children at home to ensure that our children are being taught that God is Creator, and God is their Creator
(Genesis 1:1; Psalm 139:13,14); to spend every waking moment we
have together teaching them to love the Lord their God with all their
hearts, minds, souls, and strength (Deuteronomy 6:4-9); and to
show them that Scripture thoroughly equips them for every good
work (2 Timothy 3:15-17).
- We will teach our children at home because we thoroughly believe that if we seek God first and His righteousness, God will help us to meet all of our children's needs, including those of an academic nature (Matthew 6:33).
- We will teach our children at home to show them that true knowledge and wisdom begins with reverence for the Lord (Deuteronomy 10:20; Proverbs 1:7).
- We will teach our children at home to train them in righteousness and life skills (Proverbs 22:6); and to discover the gifts and talents God has bestowed upon our children, thus directing our lessons toward building up those gifts and talents, thereby encouraging our children to be good stewards with them (Matthew 25:14-30; 2 Timothy 1:6).
- Above all else, we will teach our children at home so that God may be glorified. "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." (I Corinthians 10:31)
As the teachers of our children, we will teach them to the best of our ability and provide a well-rounded education that supports a Christian worldview. We will provide opportunities for learning and growth -- physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. We will teach with a good attitude and positively reinforce good habits. We will be creative and support our children in the learning process and help them develop their natural God-given gifts. We will expect our children to do their best work and do all things "as working for the Lord, not for men." (Colossians 3:23). We will expect our children to have a good attitude in all things and work toward the goal of a solid education. We will expect our children to practice good study habits and make wise use of their time. We will expect our children to learn to look at each day as an opportunity to learn and grow in body, mind, and spirit.